This page contains the current development status of CM9 for Sprint SGS3. Follow us on Google+ for latest development news about this phone.
qbking77's review of CM9 nightly build July 11th, 2012
Known Bugs in CM9 Nightly Builds
- Asks you to Activate at first boot when you don't need it. If you do Activate, it gets stuck. Skip it.
- Phone app crashes during first boot.
- Camera crashes often.
- Signal strength reporting is broken.
- MMS receive is broken.
- Charging light does not behave as expected.
- Data does not work during phone calls.
- Camera can sometimes get stuck on after the app has closed/crashed, draining the battery until you reboot.
- LTE is not supported.
- <other things are broken, we just haven't written it here yet>
Currently the safest method to play with CM9 on your Sprint SGS3 is with dualboot CM9-on-EMMC, which allows you to temporarily boot into CM9 while keeping your phone's standard ROM intact. Later when CM9 becomes more dependable, you may wish to switch to CM9 as your phone's standard ROM.
Google Wallet's NFC Secure Element has the potential to become permanently damaged if you switch ROM's or reset data without first instructing the Google Wallet app to reset itself. Prior to installing CM9, you should run the Google Wallet app in Samsung's ROM. Hit the Menu button > Settings > Reset Google Wallet.
If you wish to install CM9 onto your Sprint SGS3 as your standard ROM, follow these below steps.
- Download the following .zip files and put them into the internal storage of the phone. Samsung's ROM calls it /sdcard.
- Download the latest Sprint SGS3 nightly build from get.cm.
- Optionally download the latest gapps.
- Power on, immediately hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons. Let go when you see tiny blue text near the top of the screen.
- Flash the CM9 .zip
- Optionally flash the gapps .zip