This page contains the simplest method to root most stock ROM's. Once you have CWM recovery on your phone, simply flash this .zip and it should root your phone. While this .zip should work on most phones, these instructions are currently recommended ONLY for SGS3 LTE.
- Tested: SGS LTE variants (like Sprint SGS3)
- Might work on other phone stock ROM's that have at least 1.5MB free space in /system. Please report your experiences testing this on different phones.
- We don't know if this works on any GB stock ROM's. If you test it, please let us know!
- TeamEpic-Root-from-Recovery-v5.zip  
- md5sum 9ba201ffe1b788d8263c7ebd086b7883
- v5 If v4 worked for you, you don't need v5.
- Now automatically cleans out old root files to prevent conflicts.
- Updated with Superuser 3.1.3 and su binary 3.1
- v4 Now prevents the stock recovery from being restored by the ROM.
- Install CWM recovery on your phone.
- For SGS3 on Sprint, AT&T, or T-Mobile see our instructions to install CWM on SGS3 LTE variants.
- Power off.
- Power on, immediately hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons until recovery appears.
If you appreciate our work, please consider supporting Team Epic with a tiny contribution!